May 10, 2021
Message from the Board of Directors, The Waters at Lake Anna:
We hope that you and your family have remained in good health during these uncertain times.
In consideration of the new requirements and guidelines issued by the State of Virginia under the Sixth Amended Executive Order 72 (effective May 15, 2021), at the April 24, 2021 meeting of the Board of Directors (BOD) of The Waters at Lake Anna (TWALA) Homeowners' Association (HOA), the BOD determined that the following schedules will become active and the listed amenities will now be open so long as all TWALA HOA members adhere to the caveats of the Amended Executive Order which states: ”the maximum number of individuals permitted in a social gathering is increased to one hundred (100) people for indoor settings and two hundred fifty (250) for outdoor settings”.
1. The Homeowners’ Association Office will be open during normal business hours (see “Association Office Hours” on the TWALA.org website Home Page).
2. TWALA Clubhouse may be rented on Saturdays or Sundays (except the 4th Saturday of each month).
3. TWALA swimming pool will be open for the 2021 Season on Memorial Day weekend (Saturday, May 29th).
4. The Annual TWALA HOA Meeting is hereby tentatively scheduled for the Labor Day weekend, as the newly amended indoor social-distancing/ crowd-gathering requirements would still limit the number of TWALA HOA members who could attend the meeting.
Please note the following requirements to which the HOA and its members must adhere:
1. Signage must be posted at entrances stating that no one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, a positive diagnostic test for the virus that causes COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior fourteen (14) days, is permitted inside the building/facility/enclosed area.
2. Signage must be posted at the entrance of all indoor areas stating that patrons must wear a mask in accordance with Sixth Amended Executive Order 72.
3. Individuals must wear masks over their nose and mouth in accordance with Section II of Sixth Amended Executive Order 72.
4. The number of occupants allowed within indoor spaces shall be limited so as to ensure that six (6) feet of physical distance can be maintained between all attendees who are not members of the same Family as defined in Sixth Amended Executive Order 72.
5. Seating areas shall be reconfigured to allow six (6) feet of physical distance between individuals by eliminating or closing select tables or seating areas, or by spreading them out to allow for adequate spacing.
1. Signage shall be posted at the entrance that states that no one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, a positive diagnostic test for the virus that causes COVID-19 in the prior ten (10) days, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior fourteen (14) days, is permitted in the pool area.
2. Outdoor and indoor swimming pools may be open, provided occupancy is limited to no more than 75 percent of the lowest occupancy load on the certificate of occupancy and all swimmers shall maintain at least ten (10) feet of physical distance from others who are not Family members as defined in Sixth Amended Executive Order 72. Free swim is allowed.
3. Seating may be provided on pool decks with at least six (6) feet of spacing between persons who are not members of the same Family as defined in Sixth Amended Executive Order 72.
4. Loungers will be placed by the poolside tables to maintain required spacing. Loungers may not be moved except when doing so for use of members of the same family.
Joe Perez, President
For the Board of Directors
The Waters at Lake Anna Homeowners’ Association, Inc.
Welcome to your new TWALA.ORG Website. Please click the register link located in the top right of the screen. Fill out the required information for access to the full site. We welcome your comments and feedback.
Association Office Hours
Ms. Tara Hirshell, Office Manager for The Waters HOA,
may be reached at the Association Office Desk :
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
From July 4 until Labor Day, the office will be open every Saturday except the third Saturday of the month. After the Labor Day weekend, the office will be closed on Saturdays, except for Saturdays when there is a Board of Directors meeting.
Please check our calendar for updates on the office schedule, meetings, civic activities and more.
Ms. Hirshell may also be contacted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at the office phone number, 540-894-0409.
Golf Cart Information
To read the latest Message from the TWALA Board regarding Golf Cart use, go to Community Information.
Algae Bloom Information
Please see links below from the Lake Anna Civic Association (LACA) in regard to the harmful algae growth at Lake Anna:
Broadband Initiative Updates
Members, login and go to Community Information for Updates!
Black Bear & Other Wildlife Sighted
Login and check the Community Information page for information on living in a Community with a variety of varmints and critters as neighbors.
Welcome to the website for The Waters at Lake Anna, a prestigious community on the private side of Lake Anna in Mineral, Virginia. With over four hundred estate lots uniquely located a short drive from Charlottesville, Richmond or Fredericksburg, this premier community is well worth a visit.
The Waters boasts numerous amenities: pool, tennis courts, boat ramp, day slips, athletic field, private beach, and community clubhouse, all available for use by residents and lot owners of the community as well as their guests. Whether you are here to enjoy the fishing, boating, athletic activities, wildlife, peaceful countryside or the wonderful sunsets, we welcome you, your family members, and your guests to a memorable experience at The Waters.
If you are visiting our community in search of just the right place to build a new home, a retirement residence, a vacation home, or simply seeking to invest in an upscale community at Lake Anna, then look no further. Our rural setting affords a relaxing environment to which one may retreat for a restful weekend or a welcome abode at the end of a grueling workday.
Although we are a relatively young Homeowners’ Association, our Board of Directors is working hard to continue to improve the community with the addition of amenities and improvement of existing facilities. If you are interested in learning more of the projects on which the Board is working, have suggestions on a particular aspect of life at The Waters, or are already a member of the Association and are interested in participating in the administration of your community, please do not hesitate to contact any one of the Board members through our website’s “Contact” page.
Thank you for visiting our website. We invite you to join us at The Waters, the premier community at Lake Anna.